Dear Parents and Carers,
Great news that very soon we will see all our children and staff return to school! Everyone has been working hard to achieve this by following the rules and making it safe to return.
I was so pleased to see our Foundation Phase children dressed in their Welsh clothes on Dydd Gwyl Dewi, pyjamas on Thursday for World Book Day and on Friday I shared in their first Merit Assembly! Llongyfarchiadau to all our children who have made a very happy return to school life.
I know that KS2 children and staff have been busy at home continuing to take part in the same activities and what a great conclusion to our Eisteddfod with St Augustine winning!
All children in Y3, Y4, Y5 and Y6 will return to face to face learning on Tuesday 16th March. We have shared the extensive work that has been making very good progress to address the complex heating difficulties in the junior department. Thankfully the contractors from Cardiff Council have worked incredibly hard to ensure the school is ready. Many thanks to our Caretaker, Phil Oaks, and our cleaners for the work they have done to make sure the school is safe and clean for the children and staff. Staff will be in school on Monday 15th March. The school has not been accessible to staff before this date due to the extensive works and current restrictions we are all managing.
The procedures and protocols that were in place before Christmas remain:
- Face coverings are required for all adults coming onto site
- Only one adult to drop off and pick up
- Avoid coming onto school site any earlier than the allocated time for pick up
- Avoid queues on school site at any time
- Doors are open across all departments from 8:45 am
- Drop off/pick up times must be followed
- Hand hygiene
- Filled water bottles are needed
- Lunch time, there is no catering facilities on site, all children will need a packed lunch and this will be eaten in class
- Year group bubbles will continue
- Wear additional layers, mindful of the classrooms needing to be well ventilated
- One way system is in place
If you are collecting more than one child you will be able to do so from 2:30 pm otherwise the timings are:
If collecting siblings, to avoid queues at the end of the day please collect the children in the following order:
- First Reception/ pm nursery
- next KS2
- finally 1& 2
All siblings will be ready a little earlier at their respective door as necessary.
For the last weeks of this term all children including Y6 must be collected by an adult. This will be reviewed for the summer term and we hope that we can allow Y6 to follow parents/carers wishes as we support Y6 transition towards secondary school.
We will work together to resolve any issues. Please be in touch with school with any queries.
Families are reminded that under no circumstances should learners attend school if they:
- feel unwell
- have any of the three identified COVID-19 symptoms (a new continuous cough, a high temperature or loss of taste and/or smell) or they have tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- live in a household with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
If you have a device on loan from school please return the device as soon as the children return to school.
We are really looking forward to welcoming our children back to school. We are here to support. It’s been encouraging to see so many children attend the live meets but nothing beats meeting up on the playground and sharing news and learning in the classroom! Not long now!
Thank you for everything you have done to support your children and manage so many other things!
Stay safe and well!
Miss D Williams